|Date:||18th Feb 2017
|Class description:||A healing practice focused on realigning and stretching the connective tissues of the body. Students will experience long held deep stretches with the purpose of connecting with the rhythm of the breath and cultivating a meditative mind. Some pranayama, chanting and meditation may be included.
Suitable for anyone looking to stretch their bodies with little physical effort.
|Class level:|| Gentle|
|Serena chanced upon the yoga mat in 2002. Feeling so refreshed and energised after her first class, she immediately fell in love with this beautiful ancient art of well-being. Her dedicated yoga practice has changed her life physically, emotionally and spiritually. Yoga has heightened her body awareness, which enables her to explore body movements and connection in different forms - she has since tried ice-skating, contemporary dance, ballet and fitness.|
Serena took her first teacher training in 2006 with Patrick Creelman. Not only has he imparted deep knowledge of yoga and its teaching techniques to her, his creative approach has also inspired her to make the impossible possible. He has taught her to think from different perspectives and greatly broadened her horizons. Serena now adopts a beginner's mind in everything she does. She also admires David Swenson for his great passion for Ashtanga Yoga and his complete dedication to his practice and teaching. He treats all his students the same in a class, which serves as a powerful reminder to her, and has inspired her to bring positive energy to a class, whether it's a good or bad day for her.
Serena's classes are dynamic, energetic and fun. She considers the mat an excellent platform to exchange knowledge. She is, on one hand, delighted to have an opportunity to pass on what she has learnt from her teachers; on the other, her teaching has taught her to be more patient and observant of the various personalities, cultures or even situations that come on the mat. Serena feels immense satisfaction from seeing her students having fun in her class, and that is what keeps her coming back to share more.
|Qualifications and Certifications|
|• Mindful Birth 100-hour Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth and Baby Teacher Training with Dr Jean Byrne and Michelle Papa, 2013|
• Yin Yoga Anatomy: 30-hr Yoga Alliance Teacher Training with Paul and Suzee Grilley, 2011
• Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training with David Swenson, 2011
• Forrest Yoga Advanced Teacher Training Course with Ana Forrest, 2010
• Seat of the Teacher Continuing Education Training with Patrick Creelman, 2009
• Poet for Yoga Anatomy CET with Ellen Heed, 2009
• 25-Hour Study in Birthing A Conscious World: Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training with Sara Avant Stover, 2008
• The Ana Forrest Teacher Training Foundation Course with Ana Forrest, 2007
• Embodying the Flow Teacher Training with Shiva Rea, 2006
• The Next Step - Preparing to Teach: a 260-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman, 2006
• Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training with David Swenson, 2005
View this week's schedule for Serena at:
Langham Place Office Tower
Share on Facebook