|Date:||13th Feb 2017
|Class type:||Warm & Relaxing Stretch|
|Class description:||A healing practice done in a mildly heated room. This class focuses on opening the body and soothing the mind through gentle poses and the use of props. Students will experience more seated and supine postures and some longer asana holds. Some pranayama, chanting and meditation may be included.
Suitable for anyone looking to stretch their bodies with moderate physical effort.
|Class level:|| Gentle|
A Chartered Accountant by training, TT was introduced to Yoga when Pure Yoga first opened in 2002, initially focusing on hot yoga. Over the years, he has practised and trained in various styles - from hatha, power vinyasa and ashtanga to yin yang, acro yoga and aerial yoga - under different masters. TT's practice has evolved from a physical practice to a holistic approach.
Inspired by his teachers Patrick Creelman and Wendy Wyvill amongst many others, TT undertook his first teacher training in the US with Baron Baptiste in 2009. The training was transformational and stressed authenticity. He then furthered his studies with Master Yogananth Andiappan, deepening his knowledge and practice in the yoga tradition. After acquiring 500 hours' training with Master Yogananth, he was motivated to pursue a Master of Science degree in yoga & naturopathy. TT continues his lifelong journey in yoga, recently building his expertise in aerial yoga.
Through teaching yoga, TT hopes to spread its benefits and philosophy to a wider community. As Managing Editor of Asana, he is instrumental in introducing yoga masters to all and connecting with the international yoga community on yoga and related subjects. TT emphasises non-competition and compassion. His classes can be challenging at times, but students will leave feeling refreshed and energised.
|QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS|
|• E-RYT 500, Yoga Alliance|
• Chakra Aerial Yoga Levels 1, 2 & 3 Teacher Training [UK], 2015 & 2016
• Swing Yoga Teacher Training [Dubai], 2016
• Aerial Yoga Teacher Training [Indonesia], 2016
• Gravotonics Yoga Swing Training [Indonesia], 2015
• AntiGravity Restorative Yoga [Thailand], 2014
• AntiGravity Fundamentals 1 & 2 [Ireland], 2014
• Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Practice Teacher Training Course with Manju Pattabhi Jois [UK], 2013
• MSc Yoga & Naturopathy, Manonamaniam Soudaranar University - First Class [Hong Kong/India], 2010-12
• David Swenson - 40-Hour Primary Series Training Immersion [Hong Kong], 2011
• Baron Baptiste Levels 1 & 2 Teacher Training Bootcamp [USA], 2009 & 2010
• Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Levels 1, 2 & 3 [Hong Kong], 2009 & 2010
• 200-hours Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course (in conjunction and accredited by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, India) [Hong Kong], 2009
• AcroYoga Immersion Training [Hong Kong], 2009
• Patrick Creelman: The Seat of the Teacher [Hong Kong], 2007
View this week's schedule for TT at:
Pure South - The Pulse
Share on Facebook