|Date:||14th Feb 2017
|Class type:||Hot Vinyasa 1|
|Class description:||A dynamic practice in a heated room focusing on moving the body along with the breath. The experience in this class is one of fluidity, motion and heat. Poses are generally held for short periods of time and emphasis on the rhythm of the breath is encouraged with the purpose of aligning and focusing the mind. Some pranayama, chanting and meditation may be included.
The heat adds to the physical effort required to do the postures and aids to condition the body. This class is suitable for students with some Vinyasa experience looking to have a challenging and dynamic experience. No full inversions are included in these classes. Some preparations for inversions and Level 2 postures may be introduced, with options for Level 1 students to ease the transition from Level 1 to Level 2 classes. Room temperature: 35-38 °C.|
|Class level:|| Level 1|
A Chartered Accountant by training, TT was introduced to Yoga when Pure Yoga first opened in 2002, initially focusing on hot yoga. Over the years, he has practised and trained in various styles - from hatha, power vinyasa and ashtanga to yin yang, acro yoga and aerial yoga - under different masters. TT's practice has evolved from a physical practice to a holistic approach.
Inspired by his teachers Patrick Creelman and Wendy Wyvill amongst many others, TT undertook his first teacher training in the US with Baron Baptiste in 2009. The training was transformational and stressed authenticity. He then furthered his studies with Master Yogananth Andiappan, deepening his knowledge and practice in the yoga tradition. After acquiring 500 hours' training with Master Yogananth, he was motivated to pursue a Master of Science degree in yoga & naturopathy. TT continues his lifelong journey in yoga, recently building his expertise in aerial yoga.
Through teaching yoga, TT hopes to spread its benefits and philosophy to a wider community. As Managing Editor of Asana, he is instrumental in introducing yoga masters to all and connecting with the international yoga community on yoga and related subjects. TT emphasises non-competition and compassion. His classes can be challenging at times, but students will leave feeling refreshed and energised.
|QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS|
|• E-RYT 500, Yoga Alliance|
• Chakra Aerial Yoga Levels 1, 2 & 3 Teacher Training [UK], 2015 & 2016
• Swing Yoga Teacher Training [Dubai], 2016
• Aerial Yoga Teacher Training [Indonesia], 2016
• Gravotonics Yoga Swing Training [Indonesia], 2015
• AntiGravity Restorative Yoga [Thailand], 2014
• AntiGravity Fundamentals 1 & 2 [Ireland], 2014
• Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Practice Teacher Training Course with Manju Pattabhi Jois [UK], 2013
• MSc Yoga & Naturopathy, Manonamaniam Soudaranar University - First Class [Hong Kong/India], 2010-12
• David Swenson - 40-Hour Primary Series Training Immersion [Hong Kong], 2011
• Baron Baptiste Levels 1 & 2 Teacher Training Bootcamp [USA], 2009 & 2010
• Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Levels 1, 2 & 3 [Hong Kong], 2009 & 2010
• 200-hours Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course (in conjunction and accredited by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, India) [Hong Kong], 2009
• AcroYoga Immersion Training [Hong Kong], 2009
• Patrick Creelman: The Seat of the Teacher [Hong Kong], 2007
View this week's schedule for TT at:
Peninsula Office Tower
Pure South - The Pulse
Share on Facebook