|Date:||15th Jan 2017
|Class type:||Aerial Yoga 1|
|Class description:||This specialised class combines traditional asanas with the use of a hammock. The hammock reduces the effects of gravity and stress in the joints and spine; it also helps to build upper body and core strength and provides a medium for deep relaxation. Students are advised to wear tops with sleeves to protect the skin from rubbing against the fabric of the hammock. In some classes, additional gear with handle bars may be used to aid the alignment of certain yoga postures. Some pranayama, chanting and meditation may be included.
Suitable for students with some yoga experience looking to have an invigorating practice. Some supported inversions and Level 2 postures may be introduced, with options for Level 1 students to ease the transition from Level 1 to Level 2 classes. This class is not suitable for beginners.
Please note that it is necessary to arrive 15 minutes early before class so the hammock height can be adjusted to an appropriate level.|
|Class level:|| Level 1|
A Chartered Accountant by training, TT was introduced to Yoga when Pure Yoga first opened in 2002, initially focusing on hot yoga. Over the years, he has practised and trained in various styles - from hatha, power vinyasa and ashtanga to yin yang, acro yoga and aerial yoga - under different masters. TT's practice has evolved from a physical practice to a holistic approach.
Inspired by his teachers Patrick Creelman and Wendy Wyvill amongst many others, TT undertook his first teacher training in the US with Baron Baptiste in 2009. The training was transformational and stressed authenticity. He then furthered his studies with Master Yogananth Andiappan, deepening his knowledge and practice in the yoga tradition. After acquiring 500 hours' training with Master Yogananth, he was motivated to pursue a Master of Science degree in yoga & naturopathy. TT continues his lifelong journey in yoga, recently building his expertise in aerial yoga.
Through teaching yoga, TT hopes to spread its benefits and philosophy to a wider community. As Managing Editor of Asana, he is instrumental in introducing yoga masters to all and connecting with the international yoga community on yoga and related subjects. TT emphasises non-competition and compassion. His classes can be challenging at times, but students will leave feeling refreshed and energised.
|QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS|
|• E-RYT 500, Yoga Alliance|
• Chakra Aerial Yoga Levels 1, 2 & 3 Teacher Training [UK], 2015 & 2016
• Swing Yoga Teacher Training [Dubai], 2016
• Aerial Yoga Teacher Training [Indonesia], 2016
• Gravotonics Yoga Swing Training [Indonesia], 2015
• AntiGravity Restorative Yoga [Thailand], 2014
• AntiGravity Fundamentals 1 & 2 [Ireland], 2014
• Traditional Ashtanga Yoga Practice Teacher Training Course with Manju Pattabhi Jois [UK], 2013
• MSc Yoga & Naturopathy, Manonamaniam Soudaranar University - First Class [Hong Kong/India], 2010-12
• David Swenson - 40-Hour Primary Series Training Immersion [Hong Kong], 2011
• Baron Baptiste Levels 1 & 2 Teacher Training Bootcamp [USA], 2009 & 2010
• Advanced Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Levels 1, 2 & 3 [Hong Kong], 2009 & 2010
• 200-hours Yoga Teacher Training Certification Course (in conjunction and accredited by Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, India) [Hong Kong], 2009
• AcroYoga Immersion Training [Hong Kong], 2009
• Patrick Creelman: The Seat of the Teacher [Hong Kong], 2007
View this week's schedule for TT at:
Pure South - The Pulse
Share on Facebook