|Date:||15th Feb 2017
|Class type:||Hatha 1|
|Class description:||A non-vinyasa based asana practice focused on connecting the body and mind with the purpose of increasing awareness and stability. Some pranayama, chanting and meditation may be included.
Suitable for students with some yoga experience looking to have an invigorating experience. No full inversions are included in these classes. Some preparations for inversions and Level 2 postures may be introduced, with options for Level 1 students to ease the transition from Level 1 to Level 2 classes. |
|Class level:|| Level 1|
Maurice was directed to yoga by his elite fitness trainer to relieve issues with major anxiety caused by the stress of his professional life. He opened his mind with the guidance of his teachers and found a practice that was suitable for his temperament. This way of practising allowed Maurice to find the clarity to create a lifestyle more suitable to his dreams and desires.
Maurice considers himself truly blessed to have studied with Saul David Raye in Santa Monica, CA and Yogi Vishvketu in Rishikesh, India. Both of these men have instilled the importance of living and teaching from the heart. This approach greatly eased the over-active mind that Maurice had been troubled by.
Maurice's classes are physically demanding with an emphasis on centring and grounding. He believes in the body and mind connection (the body affects the mind and the mind affects body), which yoga can unify and restore.
|QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS|
|• Wall Rope Yoga Training, 3-day Teacher Intensive, Bryan Legere - Hong Kong,May 2014|
• Insight Yoga Teacher Training, 70 hours, Sarah Powers - Taipei, Taiwan, April 2012
• Yin Yoga: Energetic Anatomy & Theory, 30-hour Teacher Training, Paul and Suzee Grilley - Singapore, February 2011
• The Inner Workings of Yoga: Understanding the relationship between asana, pranayama and meditation, 5-day retreat workshop, Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman - Bali, Indonesia, October 2010
• Yin Yang Yoga, Teacher Training Intensive, 25 hours, Sarah Powers - Beijing, China, April 2010
• Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, 4-day Intensive, Leza Lowitz - Tokyo, Japan,September 2009
• Pain and Orthopedic Evaluation for Yoga Teachers, 7-day Anatomy Continuing Education Training, Ellen Head - Hong Kong, February 2009
• Embody The Flow, 5-day Yoga Teacher Training, Shiva Rea - Hong Kong,December 2006
• World Conscious Yoga Family, 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, Yogi Vishvketu and Chetana Panwar - Rishikesh, India, February 2005
• Hatha Yoga as a Sacred Practice, 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, Saul David Raye, Shiva Rae and Max Strom - Sacred Movement, Venice California, August 2004
• Thai Massage School of Chiang Mai, 4-week Thai Massage Training, Futoshi and TMC staff - Chiang Mai, Thailand, January 2004
• Thai Yoga Therapy "Advanced" Training, 7-day massage training, Saul David Raye - Santa Barbara, California, December 2003
• Thai Yoga Therapy Training, 8-day massage training, Saul David Raye - Santa Barbara, California, September 2003
View this week's schedule for Maurice at:
World Trade Centre
Share on Facebook